Sunday, December 6, 2009

Who Am I

I recently lost my old blog and had to start a new one. I decided to start afresh and begin with a little about me, this lead me to consider, "Who Am I?" When thinking about that question, I am humbled and could almost tremble with fear...if I didn't already know with confidence the answer. For I know the answer has two meanings, at least for me (and I hope for you), first, a heavenly answer that reaches to earth everyday and then an earthly answer that blesses me everyday.

I am a Child of God (John 1:12) growing up with out an earthly father this was so important for me to learn and then fully gasp but in time I have come to see my Heavenly Father as my all in all! My Father and in that my heavenly Father has since blessed me with other fathers in my earthly existence, which I will talk about below!

I have been justified (Romans 5:1) knowing where I have been, what I have been through and what I have done, this fact took so long to sink in. And times God has to remind me that I am still justified. But God is forever patient to keep telling me how much he loves me and how much he has already sacrificed for me!

I am free from condemnation (Romans 8:1-2) knowing the past does not hold any power over me allows me to live victoriously in the present and look with positive expectation towards the future. I stand in awe of how far of where God has brought me and where God will take me!

I am confident that God will continue to finish what he has started in me (Philippians 1:6) I find freedom not to have to be perfect in the present knowing that God will; in his time make me perfect in his sight. He is faithful to mold me into the perfection he longs for me to be!

The above references came from www.ficm.org

So far I have mentioned all the aspects of who I am in God or the heavenly aspects of who I am! But in the beginning I mentioned that I also have some earthly blessings that touch my life everyday. My husband is the best blessing I have in my life. He is my best friend and the love of my life. We met and only three weeks after the day we met we set our wedding date! We would not advice that of others, but we knew. That was sixteen and a half years ago and we will celebrate our sixteenth wedding anniversary this next February! I am not going to say its been all roses and candy, sometimes we can really fight; just ask our three kids. But we always work it out in the end or at least we agree to disagree and we know that we are in it for the long haul! He blesses me everyday in lots of ways, with a smile or making me laugh or a kiss or something as small as a glass or tea or hundred other little things we have come to just do for each other through the last sixteen years! I mentioned above not having an earthly father and my husband is such a great father to our three children and watching him be such a great father to our children has provided me healing for my own childhood and growing up without a father; by watching my husband model what a father is supposed to be I am able to see what God means by fatherhood! Then there are three other blessings; my three beautiful kids, Shae is 14, can't believe I can say that I will have a 15 year old son in July; can't believe I am that old! Briley is 12 and a beautiful daughter and Bryant is 8 and a active boy! They are my joy and I love watching them smile; I have such a hard time making them behave when when they are laughing and smiling, and they know it; they can just make us laugh and we just all get to laughing, we have been known to have food fights even in a resturant! But those are the memories that sitting here make me smile!

All and all...when asked "who am I" I am incredibly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment